Saturday, February 21, 2009

In Memory of a Wonderful Man...

Yesterday, my Grandpa Fletcher passed away. He was a loving father, grandfather, great-grandfather and friend. He was a master of repairs, a lover of fishing and friendly to all. The thing that I will remember most, was how much he loved his family. Grandpa was a very special Grandpa. He was present for every performance, game and event. He always took time to talk to each grandchild or great-grandchild. He had a unique and special relationship with each one. I feel very blessed that Abby got to know her Great-Grandpa. They were very special friends. We love him very much and we will miss him everyday.

WE LOVE YOU GRANDPA!

10 comments:

Joanne said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa! I had no idea that he was even getting sick or anything. I loved your grandpa. He was always the nicest man. He will be missed. My heart goes out to you!

Jenny said...

So sorry about your gramps. That is one of the main reasons I want to move back, so my kids will know my grandparents.

Andy and Katy said...

Oh I am so sorry. It is so hard to lose someone that you love so much. Hang in there.

Denise said...

I am sorry to hear about your Grandpa.

The Fowers Clan said...

Mel, I am sorry to hear about your grandpa. I know how much he ment to you and your family. He will be missed, but what a great legacy he has left with your wonderful family! Give your family my love!

Janiel said...

He was a great man and will be deeply missed!

Amanda said...

Oh Mel I'm so sorry to hear that. He really was a great man. Here's a great big cyber hug! Love you!

Erika Wilder said...

Melanie-You are awesome that you have already posted this! I just went into mine, ready to post and thought I would check out yours. I love it. I copied a few of the pictures to post on my page, are you okay with that? I don't have any of the older pictures and I just love them. He was truly a wonderful grandfather. I loved him so much! He will never be forgotten and will live on through each of us!

Miss Candace said...

Melanie, I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. It sounds like he was such a sweet guy. That really is neat that Abby was able to spend some time with him. I hope you are doing okay, you have had a rough past year.

Chad and Linds said...

Mel, I loved this tribute you did! It's so sweet. I just created a blog. It's Chadandlindsayeddy.blogspot.com. Talk to you soon.

Lindsay