Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What a full 24 hours....

Ned is working in Idaho this week, and he was scheduled to stay last night in Pocatello. Now, I realize that Pocatello isn't an ideal vacation spot, however, Pocatello did have two awesome things: Daddy and a hotel swimming pool. I didn't have to work today (part time is AWESOME, baby!) so Ned asked us to come and stay the night.

Abby riding in the car. She is such a great little passenger - she slept the whole way to Pocatello.

Abby eating, "chicken fries" at Wendy's. We also found a mall! That's right! Who would have thought that there was a mall in Pocatello! I bet you didn't know that you can get into their Shopko from inside the mall? Well, you can!



And the main event: Swimming!

We went swimming the next morning as well, and then headed for home. We drove past home and went straight to Salt Lake City. We met my wonderful friend Ainsley and her baby girl Evelyn at the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. What a great treat! We had such a great time at lunch. Thanks to you both for putting up with a two-year old in a restaurant.
This is the salad we both ate. What is on top, you may ask? I don't have a good answer, but it was delicious!
Abby's favorite part was the Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake! It was mine too!

After lunch we drove back to Ogden (total drive time for the day: 3 hours and 15 minutes with a two year old!) to drop Abby off to my mom. I then headed to my night class. Abby did so great in the car thanks to lots of books, sippies, treats, and of course Cinderella and Ariel DVDs. We had a great 24 hours and it was so great to see Ned in the middle of the week for a change.

4 comments:

The Fowers Clan said...

It looks like you had a great time! I remember when Jared use to travel and me and Cameron went with him. It was so much fun it really makes for good memories. Go as much as you can with them!

Chad and Linds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chad and Linds said...

Hey, Sorry I deleted my first comment because It had a typo! Sorry!! We should try and get the girls together sometime to play! Let me know! I hope you don't mind I'm going to copy your widget (Brad comes home) I want one on my blog for my brother... I hope you don't mind!! Your little vacation looked fun, we did that one time and went to Vernal! It was fun.

Jenny said...

Ned looks so sexy! I love the brownie cheesecake chocolate cake. You should try it. It's so rich it takes me a week to get through it.