This week has been a little on the tough side. I could easily write a very long email about all the things that bug, annoy, frustrate and otherwise tick me off. Instead of regaling you with the CRAP, I thought I'd delight you with a list of the HAPPY THINGS!
*I must preface this list by saying that it is a specific list of THINGS not people. The list of people that help me get through a day or a week is long and falls under the category of blessings.
My DVR:

If you have a DVR you probably know what I'm going to say: AWESOME!! This saves my life in the middle of the night during baby feedings and in the evening when everyone is in bed.
I LOVE "I Love Lucy" !!:

I really enjoy the random episode that records on the DVR every night. It makes me so happy!
The flowers in my front yard:
These are my tulips and some prim roses and yes, the whole garden needs a TON of work. I enjoy watching them grow and that these seemed to survive the cold weather and the snow storm.
"Say Yes to the Dress" on TLC:

I love this show! If you haven't ever watched you should! I get a kick out of people that buy dresses for more than my entire wedding cost. Crazy, funny people.
My Medela Breast pump: (don't freak out)

Nursing Zoey didn't exactly pan out so I have been pumping and feeding her bottles. This pump is the only way to go. Ned bought it for me when Abby was born and it was such a great investment. Love it!
My mantle and the painting above it:
I love looking at this in my living room. The mantle is original to the house and it gives the room such character. The painting is one of Ned's uncle Scott's paintings. Ned gave it to me as a Christmas gift a few years ago and I LOVE it! It adds so much color to the room and is really nice to look at.
The random picture of "Wonder Pets" that I found on my camera (Thank you Abby):
And lastly: BEDTIME!!!
Aren't they adorable?
Thanks for indulging me. I needed an optimistic perspective to this week and this list gave me an outlet.
3 comments:
We all need our happy things for sure. I need to focus more on mine so thanks for the reminder. Hope things are good with your two cute girls, they're adorable.
I'm glad you updated!! you have the sweetest little baby! If your milk supply weens because you are just pumping, take brewers yeast and/or fenugreek. they really work!
I think I needed to read this today. Thanks for being optimistic! Love ya Mel!
Post a Comment