On Tuesday my washing machine broke. Abby was sick, the house was a mess, Ned was out of town, Zoey had gotten shots the day before and.... MY WASHING MACHINE WAS BROKEN!!! It sounded like a lawn mower trying to start, a really sick lawn mower. My dad, who is the master of repair, came and to see what was wrong with it. Quite quickly, he figured out that something called the transmission coupling was broken. On Wednesday, my dad sent me to Kiesl Sales and Service to get the part. Yeah, it cost a whopping $21! I brought it home and on Thursday my dad put it in the machine and put it back together. It worked for about, a minute and stopped. UGH! On Saturday, my dad came back over to look at the machine and see if he could solve the problem. He found a wire that had come disconnected and BOOM! FIXED!!! Hallelujah, Hallelujah! I can't even imagine how much money my dad saved us, but I have to say it's in the ball park of $100-$150. Thank you dad! And now, as an added bonus, If I had to I could successfully take my washing machine apart. You learn something new everyday.
My dad freaking rocks!!! Thank you dad!!
Oh yeah....Happy Pioneer Day!
4 comments:
Why do things always break when the hubby is gone and the kiddos are sick?
So happy your dad could get it fixed!
You know what they say... laundry is the best way to grasp the concept of ETERNITY it NEVER ends!
HAPPY WASHING!!!
:) Zara
Your dad has always been the "go-to guy" when it comes to taking things apart. I can't count how many things he fixed for us when I lived at home!
Of COURSE your dad is awesome! It's genetic! Aren't you glad? :-)
Ahh, laundry is not my friend. I think I spend more time washing and putting away laundry than any thing else! Grrr. I've totally had days like that and it's true, it always happens when hubby's gone! Glad it all worked out though.
You should pack up the kiddos sometime and come over or we could meet at a park to let the kids play. My oldest two are in school and I just have the babies at home. Would be fun Ü
Post a Comment