Here are the last two emails from Nathan. The holidays are sucking the life out of my blogging habits. I have high hopes that after the new year I'll get back to normal. It may be too much to hope for.
December 7, 2010

"
Well another transfer down! Nothing too exciting here though! Elder Jones and I are staying together here in Arrecifes. This makes 4 for him, so he will have been here for 6 months by the end of this next one. haha. He´s loving that thought...I think he was ready for a change, but its alright, we´re gonna do good! It has been a fairly good week. We met a couple of really good people this week that we are now teaching. I hope that we can help them to progress!!!! One of them is named Edith she is the cousin of a less active girl, so we just went by to see their family and she was there. She is 20 I think, but really good and she understands everything we teach too which is a plus. haha.. Still the hardest thing to do for us is to get people to come to church. It´s a struggle that we are working on.. haha.."
"Well yes it is still summer here... and it is just getting hotter and hotter.. considering it´s technically still not summer..... makes me nervous... haha.. well I don´t know if you remember, but a lot of the parts around here have open sewage on the side of the road.. and I guess since it's hotter now, that means more water.. I don't know.. but I keep getting sewer in my shoes when I take a wrong step... haha it stinks!!!! (*That is the grossest thing I've ever right? Agree?*) One guy named Mario stopped us in the road.. He is struggling really bad with alcoholism and has been in the hospital and everything, but stopped us to tell us to come to his house and help him because he knows we are from God and can help him. We are actually hoping he can get baptized.. Hes met with missionaries before and basically already has a testimony. So if we can help him kick the habit, I think he´s ready! It will take a lot for him though! I can´t believe it is so close to Christmas! I am glad I will be with an American for Christmas! Now we can continue to sing Christmas songs in English haha.. I love you all very much!!"
December 13, 2010
"Well hello family!!!!! This week was alright. It was transfer week, but we didn't get transfered so it was normal for us, but I think we could have used a little break or get out of the town for at least a few hours.. haha. but we are doing good. Elio, I think I have told you about him, his family hasn´t come to church for about 3 or 4 years after some stuff, but he is now 10 and we have been teaching him preparing him to get baptized, he came to church this week with us, and so he will be getting baptized on the 23rd! We are really hoping this is going to help the entire family to come back to the church and be strong and faithful again!!
Also, that one guy that came up to us in the street, we have taught him a few times as well, and he committed to being baptized, but he really wants to, so we want to get him to church and get him baptized! I am excited to have a baptism this close to Christmas! I wish it was on Christmas though!!!"
"Finally, people are putting up Christmas lights and decorations!! It's nice!! I still think its really weird when I walk down the street and see a store window with a Christmas tree and lights advertising swimming suits.... the weeks weather has been pretty cool and rainy though which is kind of nice! Our branch has been having it's branch council. The meetings are generally effective... but they have gone by our investigators even without us knowing visiting them and helping them, which was a really nice surprise to find out as well!"

"We are teaching some other pretty cool people. we went by a reference with the member that gave it to us, and taught her. She was really nice, and it was a lot more relaxed and easy to teach her where the trust is already established! We are wanting to go by more of the less actives find out if they have family that isn't baptized, help reactivate the family, and baptize the others!! That would be the best in my book!!! I am excited for another week here!! We´re doing divisions with the zone leaders so I'm gonna go to Pergamino for a day and work which will be nice! haha. Thank you all for the letters!!! I believe the 12 days of Christmas begins today!!! I know the church is true, I love the gospel and sharing it with the people here!" *This statue one that they pass on the street almost daily. I told him I wanted to see a picture of it. What can I say, I was curious.
1 comment:
Agreed. Very gross!
Post a Comment