Abby is FIVE!
It has happened....the birthday event of the season. Well, maybe not the 'event of the season', but it was pretty fun. We had a birthday party for Abby on the 8th (the day before her birthday) with friends and family. The party had a general 'Pink' theme and it was so fun. We did have four boys at the party and they were super good sports. Zoey and Abby getting ready for the party. Zoey was really excited and held her own with all those big kids. She made a necklace, ate her cupcake and played duck duck goose so perfectly. This was all good practice for her birthday in 9 days.
Abby O., Ellie, Ashton, Abby, Holly and Roman. Each kid decorated their own pink cupcake with pink frosting and pink sprinkles.
Josh, Cooper, Cayley, Grandma, Zoey, Rachel, and Grace. Each kid also made their own beaded necklace. They all turned out so cute. I did measure the length of the strings too short. I didn't really take into account the head circumference of children.
The finished cupcakes
Getting ready to blow out the candles. I got all five of them lit and told the kids that it was only Abby's turn to blow them out and she just blew them out without our singing. After I got them re-lit and we sang a lovely birthday song, she got to blow them out again.
The cake I made
The invitation and the cake
Opening presents with her friends. It was quite an ordeal, as I have come to find out, it always is. I sat there to try and control the chaos, but it was futile attempt.
The treat bags that had homemade pink playdough, bubbles, treats, bracelets for the girls and army men for the boys.
The next morning, was her real birthday. Again, the date on the camera is wrong. I promise it really was the 9th. She got to open all her presents from Ned and me. She couldn't even eat breakfast until they were open. She was really grateful for everything she got. Then it was time for preschool where she was going to be the line leader and got to take a treat. I made chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting. They had the same swirlys on them as the cake did. I thought they looked darling. The picture doesn't really do them justice.
She's got her birthday shirt on, and a necklace that was a gift and you can't see it, but she got a feather in her hair the other day and she was so proud to show it off.
After preschool, we went to Sandy's for dinner. Sherry was there and she made sure that everyone fussed over Abby. Everyone kept coming and telling her 'Happy Birthday' and then they brought her this giant bowl of ice cream with five flaming candles. They sang "Happy Birthday" and then she blew the candles out again. It was the perfect end to the birthday celebrations.
We have spent the last day and half playing with the new toys, watching the movies and playing the games. Sherry gave Abby a Caboodle with make-up in it, so today I got a total make over complete with blue eyeliner. She is a very imaginative and creative child and is having a blast with her new things. We are so blessed to have Abby in our family. She is such a joy to be around. She has grown and learned so much in the last year and I love watching her progress. We love you so much Abby! Happy Birthday!!
3 comments:
March is quite the month for birthdays in your family! Happy Birthday Abby! I love the cake you made Melanie. I may have to copy that for Avery's birthday, it's so cute.
Happy Birthday pretty girl!!!
Read and loved all the new posts! Glad all the birthdays were good! Love you guys!
Post a Comment