Thursday, January 1, 2009

I am an idiot!

I realize that I haven't posted anything regarding the rest of the Christmas festivities, and I will - I promise. I have to sort of gear up for that. Once Christmas is over, it takes me a while to want to re-live it. Getting to my point here - today, I had one of those moments when all you can say is, "I am an IDIOT!" I put my contact lenses in my eyes and got in the shower. My daily routine, nothing out of the ordinary. Once in the shower, I got soap in my eyes - a little out of my routine. I moved my contact to relieve the unbearable pain and my contact fell out. I grabbed it and put it in my mouth. Don't freak out about that. If you've ever worn contacts, you'll know that in the event of an emergency, the only place to keep it is in your mouth until you have the proper contact solution. I did just that and continued on with my shower, a little farther out of my routine. I forgot that the lens was on my tongue and I opened my mouth and it fell out onto the shower floor. The swift current of the freaking shower, washed my contact down the drain. I am an IDIOT! This would not be so awful, if it wasn't my last pair. I jumped out of the shower and luckily, I had ONE new lens left and it was the proper one to replace the lens that washed away. At this point, I am so far out of my routine it is ridiculous. When I came out the bathroom with this wonderful story, Scott Wallis, Jimmy and Sam were in the family room with Ned and they heard all about it. Scott jokingly told me to blog it. At the time I didn't think that it would be a great post. I still don't think that it is a great post, - but Scott, this one is for you!

3 comments:

The Fowers Clan said...

You totally have to blog this story! That is really frusterating that you did that and it was your last pair. Don't feel bad about not blogging Christmas, i just did and let Scotty know that at the bottom of my Christmas post is a "shout out to Scott". I hope he appreciates the thought!

Andy and Katy said...

I hate mornings like that. The other day I ran down to Carters and after I put zack in the car I got in the passenger seat, leaned over and started the car and just sat there. It took almost 30 seconds for me to realize and Andy was not with me and I would be the one driving home. Oops!

Miss Candace said...

It was soo good to see you the other day! I wanted to tell you that Abby looks so much like you, but I didn't want Ned to feel bad. She is so dang cute. We seriously should get our girls together to play, they would have so much fun!
Sorry about your pain in the butt morning, I never wore contacts, but I'm sure you knew Cassie did so I kind of know how frustrating that is. That's lucky you had that last one! Whew!