We have been really quite busy lately. I can't promise that I'll get these in order, but here we go:
We moved some of our stuff into a town home in Boise. Ned's promotion has made is so that we needed to have a place to live in Boise, ID. Ned will be there occasionally, and when he is, me and the kids will join him. When he's not, we'll be at home in Ogden.

Nathan had his farewell. This was a big success and he did a great job on his talk. We had a yummy dinner and a ton of people at my parents house.

This is the MTC. I didn't get any pictures of the farewell. I don't know if anyone did. Oops.
I think it's safe to say that Abby is potty trained (knock on wood). She is doing so well. Even though I put her in a diaper each night, she still wakes up dry. One day Abby decided it was time to wear underwear and I was ready with "potty prizes" and that was it. Yahoo for Abby and me!!!
Isn't my pink bathroom just fabulous?
The baby's room/Abby's room is ready to go. This was made possible with help from Nathan. He not only moved the crib downstairs when the "Big Girl" bed showed up, but moved it back upstairs and put it back together for the baby. Abby seems "okay" with the idea of sharing her room. The only problem is that ALL of her toys had to be moved downstairs into the room that used to be Ned's office (the office is now located in the Boise town house).
The toy room: Abby told me that she hated the toy room and that it, "wasn't a good idea." Since that time (about a week) she has not only warmed up to the idea, but has really enjoyed playing downstairs.
A very played in toy room.
We are on the baby count down! This little girl is due in less than four weeks. I have been going to check up appointments every week for a while now. Machel (my midwife) told me that she doesn't trust me and wants to see me every week. So far, there is no change. This baby is staying put. I hope so considering at this moment, Ned is about 8-9 hours away in Montana. UGH!!! I hope that when the moment comes, Ned will be a little closer to home - like maybe downstairs in our house would be good. In light of the baby coming, I have been trying to get our house put together and cleaned. It feels good to get it done, but at the end of each day I am beat! Yesterday, Nathan was kind enough to spend the day helping me move boxes, run errands, and deliver things back to people. For some reason I had piles of stuff that wasn't mine that I found in my storage room. How does that happen?
The printer and scanner went to Boise. This is me taking a snapshot of the ultrasound. Machel keeps telling us that she has a lot of hair. I can't see it, so we'll have to wait and see.
The next few weeks have plenty going on as well. Next Tuesday is Abby's third birthday. On Wednesday Nathan will report to the MTC in Provo. After that we will just be waiting to this baby to make her debut.
8 comments:
Wow Melanie, your pregnancy has gone so fast! Ha ha, easy for me to say right! I have that same pink tile in my bathroom, love it, okay not at all, but yeah for Abby potty training so easily and not having two kids in diapers. Hope all goes well the next few weeks and there's no surprises while Ned's away.
The girls room is so cute! Good luck with the last leg of your pregnancy...here's hoping your hubby is close when the time comes :)
Everything looks great! I can't believe you've been able to do all that you have while being as pregnant as you are!!
Wow, good luck with the living in two places thing. That's crazy. I think I'd go nuts! haha. Congrats on the potty training success as well. I'm hoping our next attempt goes better! Can't wait to hear about the new little arrival. And give Nathan a hug for us when he leaves!
Holy cow, you have been busy! The townhouse looks really nice, and it will be great to have even more time together as a family. Maybe it will seem like a vacation when you get to head up there but with all the benefits of home. The girls room is darling--my girls have always shared a room and it's been a really good thing, your little ones will be so close and best buddies. But now that we are using all of our bedrooms as bedrooms we don't have the play room anymore and that's a bummer. Hope you are feeling well, sounds like you're majorly nesting. Take it easy though... sleepless nights are on their way. Any baby names yet?
Seriously, you have been busy! I'm impressed with everything you've gotten done AND been 8 months preggo. I'm excited to see pics of this new little one and all of her hair! Yay for babies!
Yeah!! I'm so excited for your baby. And looks like you have been "nesting" :)
So many exciting things going on for you right now! Can't wait to meet the new little one! You are so busy, the day will be here before you know it! Good Luck tomorrow with Nathan. He is going to be an incredible missionary!
Post a Comment