Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Yes, we've survived the last two weeks!

Here are a few photos of our last two weeks. Zoey Ann hit the two week mark on Friday and I celebrated by taking a shower before noon and without another adult in the house. I have to credit our survival to my mother. She is AWESOME!!! She has come and stayed with us, brought us food, watched the kids, did dishes, and a whole lot more. If we needed it, she did it! We love you mom!!! Ned's been here most of the last two weeks and that has been a treat. We love all being home together and it's helpful to have his help.

A few Abby quotes about from the last little while:
Someone asked her, "What do you do when the baby cries?" Her response was: "Go see if Grandma is in the living room."
When she's looking for Zoey: "Mom, where is THAT baby?"

Zoey is a great little baby who eats well and sleeps pretty well. Waking up is the most difficult thing she ever does in a day. She likes her binki, any soft blanket, the bassinet in my room and anyone who will hold her.

Here are the photos and some "great" commentary:


Our first night home


This is a pretty good representation of what our life looks like now. One for each of us!


The first time Abby held Zoey Ann. This was on Zoey's fourth day of life and of course, we had to wait for it to be Abby's idea.


Abby and Ned zonked out in our bed. When I took this picture, I was a little jealous that I wasn't asleep too.


I love the look on Ned's face in the picture. He looks so enamored with the little bundle of joy.


Zoey Ann, sweet baby!


Abby and Zoey Ann. Notice that they are both dressed with their hair done. I'm sure that I was still in PJs and it was after 2 p.m. but who cares.


Abby and my Grandma painting. Grandma offered to come and entertain Abby. This is their favorite thing to do together. Grandma single-handedly taught Abby how to paint using watercolors.


Two week old little angel. She gained a whole pound since birth and somehow, she grew 2 inches. I think that someone measured her wrong somewhere. If I had to guess, I'd say that they measured her a little small the day she was born. With all the messing around that was taking place, I'd bet that some nurse didn't quite get that right.


Somewhere in there, I turned 28. We didn't really celebrate considering we have a very small, new baby and the fact that Ned was in Boise. My mom and Grandma got me an awesome cake and Sherry, Brad and my mom spent the evening at my house. This is the birthday card/letter that Nathan sent me from the MTC. I love it! Ned and I went for Sushi and shopping that Friday. Oh how I missed Sushi for the last 10 months. Yum!

Easter happened too. Happy Easter!!


Standing still for a picture was out of the question.


Zoey's first Easter basket. She could probably fit inside it.

We are so grateful for all of those that have helped out, brought in meals, called to check on us, and on and on. We are very blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives. Thanks to all! We are very lucky people!

6 comments:

Pieces of Us said...

she is gorgeous mel!

Joanne said...

So so cute! Love the pictures...especially that one with the Easter basket!

Hollyween said...

oh my word! She is so tiny and gorgeous, Melanie! And I love her thick black coat of hair!!

Andy and Katy said...

Melanie, your girls are the sweetest little ladies ever!!! I am glad to hear that you are enjoying them. I hope that you had a good birthday and are getting the hang of two, it can get crazy when you are outnumbered.

Janiel said...

Busy Busy!! I love your little sweet Zoey Ann. Happy Birthday too!! Yea!!

Angela Richey said...

Melanie and Ned,
We are so excited for your new little one -- we love her name -- Zoey looks just like her cute Mommy. What pure joy! Your girls will be the best of buddies! Congratulations, Love Aunt Georgia and Angela