Wednesday, November 10, 2010

30 Days of Gratitude....

#9 - My Grandma.  My grandma is the BEST grandma in the world.  She is constantly doing things to help our family and be supportive of whatever we do.  After Zoey was born, I got a nasty infection.  Ned was leaving town and I obviously had a three year old and a new baby.  While lying of my what-felt-like death bed, my grandma offered to come and help.  The only thing I really needed was someone to hold Zoey and just be here.  Not only did she hold Zoey, but she brought treats for Abby and stayed with us all day.  Grandma is a fabulous cook.  Her food is always to die for. If I can learn to cook/bake half as well as she can, I'll be an incredibly happy person and so will all those I may ever cook for.  I love my grandma and I am so grateful for her!  I am also so grateful that she has been able to be apart of my children's lives.  I love you Grandma!


#10 - Cell phones.  You are shocked, that I, would be grateful for technology that helps us talk.  I know you are.  I have had a cell phone for about 12 years. The first one was a brick, the second one was a little better, and so on and so forth.  I have gone through a ton of phones and for this reason we always have insurance on my phone.  Okay, on to why I am grateful for this technology.  When I have my phone, I feel safe.  If my car breaks down I can call for help.  If I'm late, I can call and tell someone why.  If I need a recipe in a store, I can call someone who has it.  If Ned's away I can talk to him no matter where he is and no matter where I am - if he answers.  My phone has kept me connected across tons of states, on many freeways, and in many situations.   I am indeed grateful for cell phones!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I get the safety thing, especially since I always seem to forget my phone when I need it the most.