Monday, November 8, 2010

30 Days of Gratitude....

#8 - Today I am thankful for my home.  Abby had this book that is about worms.  It's really quite awful.  I don't get why she enjoys me reading it.  As awful as it is, the first page of the books talks about a habitat and how a habitat is a place to where you have food, water and shelter.  This brought the question, "Mom what is shelter?"  And the answer..."It's a place to keep you safe from stuff."  I'm not great at random answers, but that's the gist of it.  Abby caught on pretty fast and said, "Our house is our shelter."  BINGO!  Today during the snow/rain I was so grateful for our shelter.  Abby and I talked about how we were safe, dry and warm and how other people aren't.  We are so blessed to have our home where we can be safe from the elements and where we can be together.  I am grateful for our home!
Our house on Halloween this year.  Unfortunately, I was on the ball and got all the flowers and stuff cleaned up.  It looks a little bare.  But hey, it's our shelter dang it. 

No comments: