Monday, November 22, 2010

30 Days of Gratitude....Loads to be grateful for

#17 - My parents.  I have the greatest parents in the world.  They are always willing and able to help out.  I am so lucky that I am able to see them a few times a week.  We eat dinner together a couple nights a week, and during the summer we love to play outside in their yard.  My dad has fixed numerous things for me and is so wonderful with my kids.  In a previous post I mentioned that I jokingly call him the 'Baby whisperer' when it comes to Zoey, but it totally fits.  He always seems to make her happy.  My mom is always there to help me whenever I need her.  She has watched our kids while we've gone out of town, to dinners, for appointments and even shopping trips.  They always help no matter what and we are so blessed to have them!  So very grateful for wonderful parents!

#18 - Preschool.  Abby is in love with preschool.  She loves Miss Jill.  She loves going somewhere that is just for her.  She learns so much and it's so fun to have her tell me all about it.  Her teacher is so awesome and always does the neatest things.  As a former teacher I am always impressed by her preparation and cute things.  Abby loves preschool!  I am so grateful for preschool!

#19 - Good insurance.  I don't really pay a lot of attention to the political scene and all the attention that is being paid to the issue of health care, but I am truly grateful that we have always had good health insurance.  Ned has ALWAYS had a job that provided our family with good insurance.  The insurance that we have now is particularly good.  We are able to see good doctors and get the medication that we need.  This past week Abby had an ear infection...again.  I went to pick up her antibiotics and the total cost was $4.00.  Nice.  I am very grateful for good health insurance!

#20 - The Bob and Erin Wallis family.  We were destined to be good friends because of Ned and Bob's biological connection (in case you missed it, they're identical twins).  Bob married Erin and they have three darling children.  Rachel - 4, Josh - 3 and Sara who's 7 weeks.  Erin and I are great friends.  The kind of friend that you call when your kid poops on you, and you call her because you know she'll care.  Bob and Ned are brothers and friends, there's not much more to say about that.  All our kids are the perfect age to play together.  Sara and Zoey are the perfect age to sit with their mamas while we chat.  We spend days playing together, nights having dinner and doing lots of other things too.  It's been so awesome having them as friends and family, especially the last while.  So, a big thanks to them for putting up with us, and I am very grateful for their family! * You'd have to add Sara in to this picture for it to be complete.

#21 - The kid outside playing in the snow.  I've already been grateful for Abby, but I'm pretty grateful for the fact that she likes the snow.  Playing in the snow sounds down right awful to me.  Being cold, wet and COLD sounds like a miserable way to spend a day.  The only time this is fun, is when Abby is enjoying herself.  Needless to say, there are a lot of activities that fit in this category.  I really am grateful that she loves doing these childhood activities that are part of growing up.  I never want her to miss out on anything.  I'm grateful for carefree childhood fun!

#22 - Ned's job. Okay, so being grateful for Ned's job is hard most days, but everyday I am grateful for it in the sense that I get to stay home with my girls.  I am so grateful that I get to take care of my children and  be apart of their lives everyday.  I have been on the other side of being a mom and I would much rather be on this side.  Being a working mom was tough. Spreading myself very thin was really hard.  Missing things that I should have been a part of was torture.  Ned's job has made it possible for me to stay home.  Ned's job does take him away and I know it's really hard for him to miss things.  He always tells me that knowing that I am with the girls makes it easier for him to be away.  I am most grateful for Ned's job and the opportunity it gives me to stay home with my beautiful girls.  *This is Ned at the Respirionics headquarters in Pittsburgh in 2009.

3 comments:

Janiel said...

Your mom is Wonderful!! Tell her I say Hello!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving :)

wallis said...

So it's been a few days. Such a fun inspiring gal you are. And you didn't need to post about us, thanks though, WE FEEL THE SAME WAY!! And look closely, Sara is there. ;) We do need a re-shoot.

Irene said...

I'm pretty grateful for your parents, too—especially my cute little brother! But you have to know that I also love your Mom! :-)