Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mrs. Cavanaugh's Chocolate Factory Tour

On Monday, we went to Mrs. Cavanaugh's chocolate factory for a tour.  It's a free tour with chocolate at the end.  Sound good?  It was.  Older children would probably like it more, but ours did pretty good.  Before we left Abby was asking if it was like Mr. Wonka's factory.  I realized after reading the novel and watching both versions of the film together I needed to clarify what we were going to see.  I explained that there wasn't a chocolate river or Ompa Loompas.  She seemed good with this information and off we went.  On the way I called Ned to tell him about our impending adventure.  I was relaying the story of the Ompa Loompas and she said to Ned, "I don't think there will be Ompa Loompas.  Without Willy Wonka there wouldn't be Ompa Loompas."  Good logic.  

 Checking out the factory through the windows.
 How Zoey enjoyed the tour.  Actually I carried her because there were stairs, but this is how she spent the time while we ate our treats. 
A shot of the three of us.  There aren't many because I am always the one holding the camera. 

Thanks for the good times ladies! 

2 comments:

Ty and Zara Franklin said...

That is the cutest thing she thought it was Willy Wonka's!
I have always wanted to take a tour there! I am excited to take the kids there when we move home in May! Any tour that ends with chocolate has got to be GREAT! Plus, you don't have to find a golden ticket to go!

Janiel said...

Oh how fun! I would be tasting all the samples! What a fun time!!