Sunday, March 13, 2011

Transitions

I hate any type of transition period.  Anyone else hate them too?  I like when it is smooth sailing.  When everyone has a routine and life sort of flows.  Babies are always changing their schedules, but that seems to be routine to me.  Once they get about Zoey's age and the big changes begin, I start to go nuts. Moving from formula to milk, from bottles to sippy cups, from little car seat to BIG car seat, and for my sweet baby, not sleeping through the night to sleeping through the night.  Luckily, Abby is big enough to make changes without too much trouble.  She sleeps so well, she eats well, she has a great little routine. Thank heavens for all that.  I love Zoey so dang much and I do love this stage; walking, starting to talk, and everything else, but, ahhhh....it will be SO nice when we have a normal routine again. I can't wait to have the bottle/sippy cup thing taken care of and of course the sleeping thing. Sleep.  I do love to sleep.  I wish I could have more of it.  While I am a huge fan of sleep, Zoey has never been such a fan.  She has always been a terrible sleeper.  A while back I decided that "crying it out" was just going to have to happen.  I would have done it sooner, but she has had the worst time with teeth and ear infections.  I didn't feel like I could let her just cry at night when she was in pain.  Who has the heart for that?  There was one rough night and then she was fine.  Then we had another ear infection and 2 more teeth.  Once this kid has ALL her teeth and maybe tubes in her ears she ought to sleep just fine.  Maybe.  In the meantime I am going to endure our transitions.  I'm not going to like it, but I'm going to endure it.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

That sounds EXACTLY like what we've gone through with William. He's finally becoming a better sleeper after teeth are all in and now that he has tubes. Crazy.

Jenny said...

Good luck with that.