Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Found this unpublished post from June

Today I was cleaning out my published and unpublished file on Blogger.  I found this post I wrote about Abby.  I didn't add to it or change it because this is what I had to say in June - 7 months ago.  All this time I kept thinking that I had no posts lined up, ready to go.  I was wrong.  Enjoy this blast from the pretty recent past.
This is Abby:
Isn't she funny?  She really is hilarious!  I can never believe the stuff that comes out of her mouth. If you're friends with me on FB, you'll have read some of her quotes.  The reason I put them on FB is so that I won't forget them.  That way they are written down somewhere.  I worry that she gets lost in all the Zoey things and updates.  Abby is learning so much so fast that I have to remind myself of all she is truly capable of.  
While she does enjoy sleeping in totally weird places in the middle of the night, she only rarely sleeps in the day.  If she does take a nap in the day, she will be awake for all ours of the night.  When she wakes up in the morning, she still says, "Mom, it's good morning."  She is in the habit of being coming out of her room after we've said good night.  She is always promptly sent back, but not without her sad, sad face. She has come into our bed a few times lately for "bad dreams".  She insists on sleeping there, until I can't take it anymore and carry her back to her bed.  I feel bad to send her away, because what if she really has had a bad dream.  I still think the idea of the bad dreams have come from the Berenstein Bear books.  Who knows.  
Abby has finally gotten good at looking at the camera.  She loves to pose, and then see the picture on the camera.  Abby is quite a character. She loves to be outside, run, water the flowers, play in the mud or dirt, climb on stuff and turn everything into a balance beam.  This kid loves to be outside, but being inside suits her well too.  She loves to dress up in princess dresses, change her clothes a couple times a day and lately she wants to wear skirts and dresses everyday.  She and I usually go the rounds at least once a day, over the pile of clothes on the floor that she has gotten out of her closet.  Abby LOVES Tom and Jerry.  She could watch that all day long.  She also, really like Phineas and Ferb, and all of her Disney movies.  
Silly Abby with socks on her head.  I found her watching TV like this the other day.  Abby sings songs all day long.  She can sing every single word to the primary song, "I Will Follow God's Plan", and many others. 

No comments: