Monday, February 27, 2012

I need goals

It turn 30 in 34 days.  I'm okay with turning 30, other that the fact that I feel like I need some new things to accomplish.  I was going over my life's goals and I realized I have completed all that I had originally set.  They looked like the average Utah teenage girl's list:

  • Graduate college
  • get married
  • have kids
  • buy a house
  • teach school (use my degree)
  • Be a stay at home mom
Done. Did it.  Doing it.  Now that those things are done, or I'm doing them I need new things.  I need a new list.  I'm finding this hard to come up with.  I keep wondering if I should head over to the OWATC and learn how to do hair, or nails, or something.  I thought about taking an actual college class, but I graduated with almost 200 credit hours and it's safe to say, that I have a well rounded education.  The only things that comes to mind are: watch all episodes of Beverly Hills, 90210; and maybe Cheers or M*A*S*H as well.  Perhaps to go to more concerts or travel more.  But in reality I think these goals should be something I can do, do myself.  I mean, I can't just leave a note saying, "I've left for Paris.  I'll see you in a week" and crowds make me nervous, so concerts are out.  These have to be accomplished by me.  Things that I can learn or will make me a better me.  

I'm thinking of making two lists.  One of long term goals and one of daily goals.  Heck, I could also have a weekly, monthly type of list.  Maybe for now, I'll just stick with the overall list. That one seems like it might be worth sharing.  So here it is in it's most primitive stages:
  • Lean to sew -  I already have Judy (whom I used to teach with) lined up to teach me this.
  • Take a cake decorating class - Sounds like fun.  Who wants to go and where do I go?
  • Read important books - I have a list somewhere.  I think I'll start with To Kill a Mockingbird, it's been a long time since I've read it, 15 years I'd say.  I can't even remember what it was about. 
  • Make one thing for my home every month, be crafty - my version of crafty is to steal other's ideas from Pinterest and then talk Ainsley into telling me how to do them. 
  • Watch all episodes of Beverly Hills, 90210 - this is completely stupid and I'm aware of that.  I'll do it anyway.  After that is complete I'll find some other totally mind-numbing thing to watch from start to finish. It's what I do.  
That all I've got for now.  I think most of them are good.  I'll tweek it as needed.  What are your goals?  Do you ever feel the need for new ones?  These goals may only be for the next year or so.  I guess if I was 'going for broke' they'd be much more elaborate, but then I'd need Ned to sign off of on them because they would be very expensive - who needs savings and a retirement plan anyway? 

2 comments:

Jenny said...

You know I will help you with the sewing bit.

My goals are learn how to sew a zipper into something non-clothing related. Give up coke for lent (I can handle 40 days right?), and make sure my mustache hairs don't get too long. So far I am stumped by the stache.

Joanne said...

Awesome goals. I need a new list myself. As for cake decorating - go to Michael's. They teach great classes. That's where I learned!